Bohri Chicken Qorma
|Bohri Chicken Qorma|
6 to 7 tablespoons oil
3 onions, sliced
4 to 5 tomatoes
Salt (to taste)
Red chili powder (to taste)
Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder) 1 teaspoon
1 chicken cut into 12 pieces skinned and fat free
Garam masala – (5/6 peppercorns, 2 big cardamoms, 2 sticks cinnamon, 3 cloves)
Handful of Almonds, for garnish on top
350 grams (1 ½ pao) yoghurt
Boiled eggs, for garnish
1. Thoroughly wash and clean the chicken pieces. Set aside but keep them soaked in water.
2. Heat oil. Fry sliced onions till soft then add sliced tomatoes.
3. Once the tomatoes are soft, add red chili powder, coriander powder (dhaniya powder) and whole garam masala.
4. Saute for a few minutes till you can smell the aroma in the whole house.
5. Add chicken pieces and keep stirring till onions and tomatoes become one paste.
6. Add yoghurt then add water if needed in order to get a thick consistency.
7. Add halved peeled almonds & boiled eggs on top for decoration.
8. Serve in a deep or not so shallow dish. Eat hot.